What is the advantages of transferring your domain name to NameCheap as opposed to Godaddy. The one advantage that Namecheap does offer is that you get one year free of WhoisGuard which hides your details from the public. The remainder is the same being the following.
These are the advantages to moving your domain.
- 1. You get 1 complete year additional as you are paying for 1 year for the domain
- 2. There are no transfer fees when you move your domain
- 3. You are refunded your 1 year fee if the transfer does not occur
- 4. NameCheap is rated 4.6 our of 5 by Google wallet users.
If you are now ready to move the domain name then you need to first type in the name of the domain name which you need to move. This is listed below. Type in the domain name into the box for transfer.
Once you type in your domain you now need to ensure that you follow through with the transfer. Namecheap will now check to ensure that you can transfer this domain. Note that you are not allowed to transfer a domain name that has been bought 60 days earlier. Domain transfers are only for domains older than 60 days. You will see the next screen which will show the domain name you are wanting to transfer and also the Registrar.
Once you add this to your cart you will now be taken to the screen to pay for the domain name for another year and you have a number of options including the WhoisGuard which NameCheap allows you to free for its first year. Note there is a Coupon Discount which you can check on this website for the Coupon Discounts for NameCheap each month. Type in the Coupon Discount and you will get a discount on the transfer.
You will notice that there is a ‘set EPP code’ on the page before you checkout and pay for 1 year domain name registration on the domain name transfer. From here you click next, open a NameCheap account and then proceed to pay for your domain name and the transfer process begins. Once this has been done you need to go to your Godaddy account and ensure that the domain name you are transferring is in the ‘unlocked’ position next to your domain. Also check the email attached to the domain (administrative mail) and click for the transfer to begin.
1. First disable privacy on your domain you are transferring
2. Ensure you have access to the administrative email for the domain you are transferring
3. Some registrars will email you an EPP code once the transfer process starts – add this to your NameCheap account under transfer
4. Once all of this is done it takes 3-4 days for Godaddy to release the account.
These are the basic steps for transferring a domain name from Godaddy to Namecheap. The process is not complicated and you wait on average about 3 days for the process to complete itself.